Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Post #50 - life happenings

The stray kitty was M.I.A. all day. When she showed up at the door later this evening she was hungry. And skinny. Some time in the last 24 hours she had her kittens. Somewhere.  Before we could trap her.  So now we wait and hope she brings them around.

Today I worked on a project I've been putting off.  We had found a framed glass panel with pictures attached to the back side of it when we clean out Mom & Dad's house. The pictures were all of my sister, the first born, when she was a baby/toddler.  


I brought it home because it was cool and I wanted to refinish the frame and use it for some wall art. The pictures are in pretty bad shape, but we don't have duplicates of them. So today I set out to photograph them and do a little amateur restoration magic on them. I don't have the skills or tools to work any real magic, though.

Here are my parents when they were young. I believe Mom was 20 years old in this picture.

The photos are faded and discolored. They all have some sort of damage or deterioration.  Most likely they will be totally ruined when they are peeled off the glass. But, what do you expect after 60 years?

There are so many more pictures I need to sort and distribute...but not just yet. It's still too hard emotionally to do some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!