Saturday, April 19, 2014

Post #47 - sorry to leave you hanging; Part 2

The good news is I finished these projects before Easter eve.
The bad news is that I never did get the Easter candy made.  
Store bought candy in the baskets this year (again).

So...I found a pattern on a blog last year for stuffed chicks that look like the marshmallow Peeps and that's what the kids received in their baskets last Easter.  The same woman also created a pattern for the bunnies, and that is what I made this year.

It's very simple. It only has two pattern pieces. 

After you cut out the pieces you have to embroider the eyes and nose on the front piece. You could also paint them, but you'd have to wait for that to dry and I'm not that patient.

Sew the side piece into a loop, then pin it to the front and sew all around.

Then pin the back piece on--it takes a LOT of pins because there are so many curves and fleece tends to shift while you're sewing it.

Sew it, leaving a part open so you can turn it right-side-out.

Then stuff it and put it in the baskets you made earlier.  
I created a lining for the baskets and they turned out super cute.

I also made some of the chicks (after I reduced the pattern to be closer to actual size of the real Peeps) to give to friends.
She did a great job creating these patterns and I'm very grateful she shared them.


I'm off to start preparing the meal for tomorrow. 
TTFN  
(Ta Ta For Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!