Friday, April 11, 2014

Post #44- I AM still alive...... bring on the neon!!

Hey, it's been a while. but nothing very exciting has happened. Mostly I work, go to church (I will have to post pictures of one of the services one day), and visit my two adorable "neices" (my best friend has twin girls about two months old that can do no wrong.....OK, they can, but it's still cute).
Since about a week before the girls were born I've had the cutest fleece that Mom and I have been planning to make blankets for the girls with, but we haven't gotten to that yet. I knew how I wanted to do the edges on them but I had never done that particular style before so I wasn't to sure on how it would turn out.
So, while Mom and I were shopping yesterday I got a couple yards of fleece for myself and tried it out.....
And I felt neon was the way to go. 
Neon is always the right answer.

Sooo......since this is a no-sew blanket I started by cutting the edges like this.
But it's not your typical no-sew blanket, 
this one is different because I didn't want ties the girls could chew on. 

Sew I fold over the strips in half and cut a slit in the middle of each strip.

Voila, a slit in a strip........I'm so funny, I crack myself up.

To finish the edge I take a slitted strip........

......and pull the next slitted strip through the slit

The result?

An edge that looks crocheted. 

And it's free of loose strips of fleece that the girls could have chewed on,
which would have ended in a mouth full of fuzz from the fleece. 

This one, however, is mine. I love the neon colors in it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!