Thursday, February 27, 2014

Post #37 - an original craft

So I've been looking through Pinterest a lot for inspiration and I finally got a spark of my own creativity. I've been in a dry spell for far too long.
I'm pretty stoked.  (Does anyone say that any more?) 

Anyway, here is what I came up with.  A cute little plaque for St. Patrick's Day.  I had some sparkly shamrocks left over from my wreath makeover project and some scrapbooking paper. I grabbed a scrap piece of wood from the woodworking bench and got to work. I originally thought I'd paint or stain the wood, but hubs suggested that I just cover all the sides with paper...and that's what I did. After he smoothed out the rough edges for me. (Thanks, Honey!)

I decided on two phrases, then set to work looking through my vast font collection for just the right ones to express those phrases. Then I cut the scrapbook paper down from 12x12 to 8 1/2 x 11 so it would fit in my printer. I printed, cut out the rectangles and glued them to the block of wood.

One side says, "Kiss me"...


and the other side says, "Blessed."


Then I distressed the edges with some stamping ink, glued a glittery shamrock to each side and admired my work.  I'm kinda diggin' it.

I don't normally decorate for St. Patrick's Day, but as one other crafter/blogger put it: this winter has us all looking for a touch of Spring.

I have one more shamrock craft planned with a friend, then I'll move on to Easter.

2 comments:

  1. First of all; it's adorable (Shay's favorite word of late) Second; YOU ARE in Shamrock country so Shamrocks are always in season (just sayin'). And last; I'm sure Uncle Si still says "stoked" so you're in good company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Glad that I wasn't, you know, dating myself. {snicker}
    Thanks! I was kinda thinkin' I could keep the "blessed" side facing out all year round. At least during football season. :-) You know me, always in fashion. {gufaw}

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!