Friday, February 7, 2014

Post #30 - miscellaneous ramblings

 There hasn't been anything notable happening around here, so we haven't had any blog fodder.  Those with jobs go to work as scheduled (in spite of a worried wife/momma because of the weather conditions).  Meals are prepared (or not).  Regular activities are cancelled because of the weather and others are taking their place.  I love hearing my kids and their friends laughing and enjoying each other's company.  I love having a happy, full house. Snow days have been plentiful as well as opportunities for sleepovers, eliminating digital zombies, and sledding.

About a week ago I was cutting up some celery and decided to put the root ends in water. I've seen plenty of pins on Pinterest declaring that you can grow your own celery.  I don't have any grand ideas of harvesting a crop of celery from it, but it is pleasant to look at something green growing in the windowsill.
The one that I cut closer to the root end isn't growing as fast as the one that was left a little longer. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

At about the same time I planted some Paperwhites bulbs from a kit that I purchased on clearance. They have taken off. One of them had gotten a head start inside the box. Can you tell which one?
I'm anticipating seeing them bloom--a touch of Spring inside the house. I want to get one more kit now that I see they will grow.

I hastily sent a submission for Picture of the Day to the local TV station early this morning. It was chosen and broadcast an hour later. That never gets old.
Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!