Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Post # 31 - There are flowers in my house.

When I woke up this morning and stumbled downstairs I was *VERY* surprised to see that my plant had bloomed:

 The celery has grown a little in the last few days, too.

In other news this little kitty has decided that I am okay.
 I have food. But more importantly, I have a petting hand.  A frighteningly wonderful petting hand.
She will forgo the food for a scratch behind her ear. She is so skiddish and afraid, but that ear scratch feels soooooo wonderful she takes the risk.  She shakes and purrs the whole time.
But before we get to that point, she has to be talked into coming closer.
 She rolls...
 and stretches...
and rolls some more.
It takes a lot of soothing sweet talk on my part, but she finally comes close enough for me to touch her and then, ooooohhhhh, ahhhhhhh, it is a blissful time for her. 
Until a noise frightens her and she strikes a pose, ready to bolt.
But then she decides it's not enough to keep her from just one more ear scratch and we do the whole "talk me in" scene again.
Maybe one day she will trust me enough to come straight to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!