Thursday, February 13, 2014

Post #33 What does a Walmart supervisor do on her day off.......?

She goes to her ex's house. As odd as that sounds, yes I did. We were friends for three years and dated for three years so I'm still friends with him and the family. 
Anyway, he wasn't home and I went to visit his mom. Love her. 
And got to help with the chores! 

Meet Grand (the goat) and Amy (the cow, though she may think she's a goat)
Grand is one of the Alpine bucks for breading and 
Amy is a cow that need to be bottle feed and is therefore spoiled a lil. 

And this is the other reason I visit the farm.
This is my baby, DashAbout. 
She had to go live on the farm when we were dating and still lives there.
She's scared to death of chickens.....and anything outside of the barn........still. 
And she still loves her mama, me. I walked around with her inside my coat most of the time. 

Umm......it's been a while but if I remember right the black one is Sissy
and the other is either Claire or Bubbles. They are both Alpine milk goats.
Yes I enjoy milking goats, but most of them are pregnant right now so they aren't giving milk. 
This would be the only remaining Guineafowl on the farm.....
and boy was he noisy. He stayed on top of the chicken coop the whole time though.

GEESE!!! Also noisy. They hiss. 

Want to know what animal I won't help care for on the farm.........
Chickens. I would help hold them for 4-H showing at the fair, 
but that's the only time I will touch a chicken.

And this cute guy kept yelling at us. 

And I love taking pictures with snow. 
So I had fun with this very photogenic cow.

And these poor guys thought it was time for us to feed them......
not till later. 

This is Wrangler. There is another black lab somewhere named Jeepers.
I see a theme in the dog names. 

We also worked on a puzzle but we were to busy trying to figure out which pieces went to the house roof,
which ones were the waterfall, and which ones were just trees for me to take a picture.

So that's what I do to get away. I have very little cell phone service there 
and it's in the opposite direction as work. 
I love it! 

~Kate



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!