Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Entry #8 (The rest of the Zebra Party)

Ok, I have summed up the rest of the part in one last post 

I didn't get pictures of the process in making the cake, 
I was at work while Mom and Dad did it. 
But, it's a Zebra Cake!!

We decided it would be easier to melt the icing 
and pour it over the top. 

This was only half the icing, 
we figured if we didn't let this much of it set up before putting the rest on
 we would end up with a plate of frosting instead of an iced cake
 
Now we can pour the rest of the frosting on. :)
 
While mom is finishing the cake Dad and I go outside a put up the decorations
And since my mother would not appreciate a picture of the cluttered back porch on here,
this is the best picture I got of the back. 

And these are the front porch decorations.

A better picture of the sign

The doorway in the Dining room 
(the Steelers game was on in the background, and may I add that we won) 
Ran out of pink zebra balloons, had to use the yellow 

The finished cake! 
The drink bar in the background is a bookshelf covered with table cloth,
it has more of the black ribbon and zebra ribbon taped to the front in different lengths.

All 23 (yes, zebra print) candles

It is at this time that I would like to say 
that I did, in fact, blow them all out with one breath

The inside of the cake was done to look like zebra print

And it was served on zebra print plates 
with chocolate swirl ice cream!

Just in case you didn't catch it, the theme was pink zebra print ;) 

What will we blog about next?!? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!