Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Entry 2 (Finishing our first pintrest adventure)

OK, so, yesterday we started the adventure of making bark for my birthday party in less than a week.
Just to recap, Crisco fixes chocolate, the stuff on the bottom moves when you try to spread the chocolate, and sprinkles are fun. And viola, candy corn bark.

So, while we had the kitchen a mess we decided to take what we learned and do it again... Mint chocolate bark here we come! 

 Since pouring the chocolate over the cookies and pretzels wasn't as easy as it looked we decided to spread the chocolate first........and by we I mean mom. 

Now for the cookies! We used the chocolate Grasshopper cookies from Keebler and chopped them 
(ok, so not all of them made it through the chopping, we kept eating them)

As we are doing this, my mother (who I think has told to many Hank The Cowdog stories to do ANYTHING without sound effects) is saying "It's a conveyor belt! *errrrrr, errrrrr, errrr*" with each time she goes back across it shaking the cookies and pretzels onto the chocolate. 

 Don't forget the peanuts mommy!!!! Funny story about those peanuts, I bought them, and THEN was informed we had a HUGE container of them already from Sam's Club......
then, I go to eat some of them, they taste funny so i look on the label, what kind of crazy peanuts are these? 
Unsalted. -_- What idiot bought unsalted peanuts?!?!? oh yeah, I did. 

 Moving on......
we put Mint M&M's on next. And let me tell you, those were harder to find than one would think. Thank heavens for awesome friends and a post on facebook. I got a total of 6 bags from a number of friends. :) 

And since we are putting the goodies on TOP, we drizzle the chocolate that was left in the bowl over it all.

Mommy's such a good drizzler!

Ok, so this one didn't go without a hiccup either, as we are breaking it up the "Fretzels are Prying" (translation: Pretzels are Flying) 
I think we should have pressed them down into the chocolate, yeah, next time we will do that
NOW you tell me
You didn't read my mind?
You didn't tell me to. 
Oh. On second thought, next time we follow the recipe and pour the chocolate over the goodies, they stay together better that way. 
Isn't that what I said?!?
No, I would have remembered that.
You're crazy, mother.
Where do you think you get it from?
*face palm*
Stay tuned to see what we come up with next! 
Paper Airplane messages?
Zebra print cakes?
Crayon Drip Pumpkin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!