Monday, July 21, 2014

Post #66 - A-sewing we shall go

Dishes are done.
Two boys are off to two different camps.
Laundry is started.
Bills are paid.
Sun tea is setting out, brewing.

And so with this little guy by my side

I'm chain sewing

the striped blocks.

It takes longer to pick out four strips than it does to sew a block. 
Seven down, twelve more matched up & ready to sew, thirty-one more to go!


 The three state/stars that I have patterns for are finished and appliqued on their blocks, ready to be paired with a striped block.
 I receive a pattern for the stars once a week via email, so it will be months before I can assemble rows because I'm not setting them in the same order that I'm making them.
I like to be difficult that way.
But by this time next year it will look something like this! :-)

It really isn't too late to sign up for the stitching club over at 
Wild Olive.
Go check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!