Monday, July 14, 2014

Post #62 - Remembering I have a blog...

Oops, I kind of forgot to finish the vacation stories.

So...besides visiting Niagara Falls, we explored Northwestern New York and had a great time doing so.

One day we drove to the Lake. 
Lake Ontario, that is.
We found a NY State Park. It had a lighthouse.
The strange thing was, that it wasn't foggy where we were staying (about 15 miles from the Lake) but when we got there it was so foggy we couldn't even SEE the Lake.
Golden Hill State Park
Golden Hill State Park
 The Thirty Mile Lighthouse at Golden Hill State Park.

I took a picture of Lake Ontario, then realized someone was doing a photo shoot on the dock. Oops.

 We tried again a few days later. We found a lovely community park to walk through. It was right on the Lake and the park and the people in it were charming.
 Lake Ontario sans the fog.

The water was really clear:

We sat down on a park bench, enjoyed the view for a while and took a selfie:

While we were exploring New York we noticed that the roads were in great shape. No potholes. No patches where there used to be potholes. They are doing something right.  Oh, and it's FLAT. With wide open skies.
 It is a beautiful part of the country.

I got such a kick out of this silo that hubs pulled over and let me get a picture of it.  Not only does it have a face, but there's a chicken on it's "hat."
 Some fun people lived there. You can tell.

 I also started a new embroidery project. When it's finished, it will be another pillow for the camper.


 We went shopping one day and found a store called, "Five Below". It had lots of interesting things in it. This happy little solar flower called to me.

 I liked it so well I went back and bought another flower and a surfer dude. He does the hula on his surf board. Fun!

This picture is a little blurry because we were on the Interstate; but it's clear enough to see the rows and rows of grape vines.  There were numerous fields, countless acres of grape vines. It was really something to see.

I can't wait for our next big adventure. I love spending time with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!