Friday, July 4, 2014

Post #61 - A (mostly) original craft from Kate

Went to a local craft store with mom a couple days ago, while she was looking for the fabric she needed I found the sport section and fell in love. I will most likely be back to get more of the sport fabric soon but that's for another idea. 
Anywho......
As I'm standing there looking at this particular print fleece and trying to figure out what I NEED that for.....I've done more than enough no-sew blankets recently and it's just to dang hot to have another double thick fleece blanket anyway. 
Then I remembered something I saw on Pintrest (I spend way to much time on there). I saw where they crotchet the edge of a blanket they bought from the store, it already had a blanket stitch on it.  

Sew I bought the fleece, and the same length of plain black fabric...

Blanket stitched them together.....

Then crotchet around the edge....
(fun fact: the nail polish changes colors when I'm outside in the sun. goes from blue to purple)

twice.....
(I went through the store looking for the softest yarn I could find and then found it in black and yellow, 
it fades between the two colors so it was perfect)


This is my mother, being sneaky as she shows off my finished product for me. 

It's much lighter than the no-sew blankets I usually make with fleece and since one side has the plain fabric it's cooler too. and I love how soft the yarn is that I used on the edges. 

My father, however, thinks it's covered in mud......and my mother doesn't do sports enough to have a favorite NFL team.....so where I get my love of the Steelers is anyone's guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!