Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Post #71 - Work in Progress (WIP) Wednesday

I've seen WIP (Work in Progress) posts on craft blogs and didn't think anything of it. But today I realized that it could be a great motivation tool. So here we go, I'm going to tell you what I'm working on and hopefully you will continue to ask me, "whatever happened with..." and thus you will motivate me to finish said projects.  M'kay?   I will update from time to time. Let's see if we can keep these project rolling, shall we?

 You may remember the *Buster the Dog stuffed animal project I cut out a couple of weeks ago. I started sewing it together today. It's going pretty quick. I enjoy sewing dolls, so this is an easy project for me.


 I stopped at the fabric store in town and asked if she had compression gloves in stock. I didn't get gloves, but I bought this beautiful panel to quilt as a wall hanging.   How did THAT happen?


 I've been embroidering the counties on my state panel. It's slow going because I usually work on it while we're camping.  Ohio has 88 counties, so this is taking longer than the *US map I stitched this Spring.


 I am a little behind in the #50StatesStitching *quilt project.
I keep telling myself that it won't take long to stitch up those little patterns, but it's not getting done. I guess I'm waiting on the perfect lighting.



And there you have it. That's everything I'm working on at the moment. That is until I make another trip to the fabric store and come out with something I wasn't looking for.
{sigh}

But I did finish a project this past week.  
Albeit an unplanned one that I started on a whim.
I found a free pattern for a *Peanut Baby doll online and I had to try it out.
One side has an awake face. Turn it over, flip the hair to the other side and you see an asleep face.



And of course we have to show a kitty picture. Lizzie blends in so well with Hub's camo backpack that I had trouble finding her a time or two today.
I had a heart stopping moment this afternoon while looking for Brutus and saw his brother, who looks exactly like him, sunning himself on the front porch. For a moment I thought Brutus had gotten out. He hadn't. I soon found him snoozing not far from Lizzie in his own sunbeam.


Click *HERE to return to the home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!