Friday, August 29, 2014

Post #73 - It's the most wonderful time of the year

I went to my favorite Amish produce farm today only to find out that he no longer has the help to keep up the produce stand. He sold me a bushel of Roma tomatoes anyway.  He said most of his 5 brothers and 2 sisters have moved on and he probably won't have a stand next year, either. I'm really going to miss dealing with him. I am more heartbroken about not getting fresh garlic than anything else.

So I stopped at another farm and stocked up on bell peppers, yellow onions, candy onions (sweet), and watermelon.

 While driving home a friend called and offered some fresh-dug potatoes so I drove there and also got some corn and cucumbers.
These four potatoes and three ears of the corn played a big role in supper last night along with a pepper and an onion. Yum, yum.

And while at the grocery store Wednesday I picked up some fresh peaches and fall mums. 

Isn't this a great time of year?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!