Friday, March 28, 2014

Post #42 - craftiness

While waiting for warm temps to return, I've been avoiding chores by working on some needlework patterns.  I ordered the Happy Eggs patterns from Shiny Happy World a couple of weeks ago. She had an early bird special and I jumped at the chance to do more felt work.  I've made lots of felt birds and was ready for a change. (I only had three when I wrote that post. I should show you the rest that I've made. Another day.)

Anyway, what was I saying?

Oh yeah...I received the first pattern in my email and cut out the applique pieces and the egg pieces and started on it. Then put it aside. But not before I wrote about it in this post.

Then the second pattern came by email. And I thought, "I need to finish the first one before starting this one."  Then after a few days I thought that was silly, so I cut out the second egg and marked the pattern. Then stitched and stitched on it all afternoon until it was finished.
 It's an adorable little poofy egg.
 
 The original pattern called for purple felt. I had pink felt left over from the Christmas gifts I made, so I used in instead.  It looks Spring-ish.

Since that was finished and I was in the mood, I picked up last week's project and finished embroidering the applique for the first side.
Then I tackled the embroidery on the egg. Marking the felt was difficult since my fabric marking pens are blue, purple, or pink and the felt was bright blue.
 This is the back side of the egg. The applique pieces are on the left. The pattern picture is in the background.

 Adding French Knots. 
Those used to be an iffy stitch for me, but I watched the video lesson that Wendi did at Shiny Happy World and gained confidence. I have made dozens of them now and every single one has turned out. I am thrilled!
 This is where it started getting exciting for me. I had the body stitched onto the egg and was placing the ears, then stitching them into place.
I made the bunny out of fleece instead of felt. He's soft and furry-looking.
 And here it is. I only have one more to do just like it, then I can stitch the two sides together, stuff it, and have another cute egg.  
Just in time for the next pattern to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!