Monday, December 2, 2013

Entry #19 - A slight change of plans

So in my last posting (before Thanksgiving) I hinted at a project that I would give details about later.  After it was delivered.

As in a week ago.

Oopsie.

I couldn't deliver said project to its designated receiver on Monday.
On Tuesday we had a snowstorm and Momma ain't driving in that if she doesn't have to.
Wednesday began the pre-Thanksgiving preparation rituals.  Namely: baking of the pies.
Thursday was a holiday.
Black Friday...duh!
And on Saturday we had a Baby Shower to attend.  On the way I was finally able to make a little girl very happy with my sewing project.

A topsy-turvy doll.

If you've never heard of such a thing, let me enlighten you.

 A topsy-turvy doll is a doll with a full dress skirt that...
 
 ...when lifted reveals...
 ...another...
 ...doll underneath.
In this case it is a doll that is awake on one side and asleep on the other.

My sewing machine made quick work of the embroidered faces.


Little details...the nightgown had extra lace.
 The hair had to be tied back to keep it from showing under the skirt.

 Lace, flowers and frills added girly touches.


I love sewing.  Especially for little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!