Friday, December 20, 2013

Post # 22 - Just keepin' in real

I grew up a little bit today.

Going through the Facebook news feed earlier I saw several people defending free speech and others arguing for the sake of arguing, some people with sick kiddos, some funny ecards, someone who posted repeatedly about petty stuff, and someone who is struggling with voices (real or imaginary) who tell them they aren't good enough.  You know, the normal stuff.
And while I had compassion for the person who is struggling, I wished the one who was whining would just grow up.  You know; be mature like me.

That's when the Holy Spirit took me to task.

Somewhere in all the talk about free speech and don't judge me attitudes, people were reaching out to others. And even though I had family support and Godly people in my life who showed me how to handle the kind of stress that is thrown at each of us, not everyone has had those.
Sure, I could relate to that person who didn't feel good enough. But, let's be honest; I've done my share of whining, too.  Ahem, mostly when I was younger.  (Okay, yesterday I was younger then I am today.  That's not the point.)

The point is, I need to pray for all of my friends. Those in real life and those I've met only on social media. Those who annoy me and those to whom I can relate.  No, I won't pray that you be like me; but I will pray for your families, your life, your spiritual growth. And you need to pray for me, too. I still need to grow up.

And to those who are struggling with the kind of things life throws at you I want to hug you and tell you that life isn't like that all the time.  It is full of ups and downs/hills and valleys. So while you are going through that valley, look up; for one day you will be on top of that hill that looks impossible to climb and you will look down at where you were and be thankful for all you have. God will help you through it all.  If you want to know more about Him, ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!