Friday, December 12, 2014

Post #80 - The annual Decorate-the-Sugar-Cookies-Day was this week.

Every year my Mom would make a big batch of sugar cookies and we'd get together and decorate them. Last year was the first year I can ever remember not doing that. So this year my kids asked if we could decorate cookies. I agreed and boy-howdy did we have fun. It was a lot of work, but I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

 At first everyone was concentrating on creating a masterpiece.

 And there was some pride when it was accomplished.

 Many cookies were consumed during the melee.

 We laughed and enjoyed each others' company.

 And just look at the masterpieces that were created. 
 Of course, we'll never know what the ones that were
eaten right away looked like.
 But they probably didn't look much different than the ones that survived.
 But I'm just guessing.
And then just like that there were no more cookies to decorate.
 This pan of cookies?  It holds...
the final cookie with the last of the icing.
I believe there's a bird cookie underneath that pile of blue.
But it didn't last very long.

We're definitely doing this again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be published once we make sure they're not spam. Thanks for understanding!